Olympic Torch in Redhill and Guildford

I don't know about you but I have been gripped by the Olympic fever. After watching the brilliant opening ceremony I knew we were in for something special. The TV has been going on as soon as I wake, the radio is on all day to catch the latest news of medals, live coverage through the BBC web site over lunch and there have been a few charred dinners due to being gripped by the latest swimming events.

I still haven't secured any tickets yet, but everyday I'm looking and I'm confident I'll get there to witness and be part of this historic event. If any of you are going then soak up every moment.

I was lucky enough to photograph part of the Olympic Torch Relay in Redhill and Guildford for Surrey Police. Claire Gunney who works for Surrey Police ran in Redhill and I was amazed at the amount of people who turned out to watch, cheering and waving flags the whole way. I ended up in Stoke Park in Guildford for the evening event. It was a beautiful evening, the sun shone, families picnicked, people danced and welcomed the torch in style.

Team GB are an inspiration to us all, what spirit and if this dedication doesn't make you want to get out the bike from the shed or face the fear of that terrifically high diving board then I don't know what will.

Go Team GB!


Jones & Co proudly supporting Team GB.




Claire Gunney lighting the torch in Redhill

Posing for the media bus!

Running with the flame.
All too soon the handover to the next runner.
Eagerly waiting for the arrival of the flame in Guildford High Street

A Surrey Police Officer talking to the crowds.

High Five!

A warm welcome to Guildford High Street.

The Royal Navy Sea King arrives to collect the flame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding in the chapel at Farnham Castle - Farnham Wedding Photographer

Busy As A Bee!